Thank you for registering to attend the 17th Annual K-INBRE Symposium to be held on January 19-20, 2019 at the Sheraton in Overland Park, Kansas.
Everyone is urged to visit our “Important Information” webpage to answer questions in detail about the upcoming K-INBRE Symposium including parking, iPosters, etc.
Conference Venue Information
- Symposium Location: Sheraton in Overland Park, Kansas located at 6100 College Boulevard, Overland Park, Kansas 66211.
- Parking: Complimentary parking is available in the hotel’s parking lot and in the lot located to the north of the hotel off of 110th Street. A map of the parking areas can be viewed here.
- Hotel Rooms: If you registered for a hotel room, you should have received your hotel confirmation number. If you have not, please immediately contact Heiata Chapman, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Internet Access:
- Guest Rooms: The hotel offers complimentary Standard High speed internet access in the guest rooms for our group. Initially, it will appear that you are being charged. Choose ‘Standard’ and in the end it will show $0.00. If you choose Premium Enhanced High Speed internet, you will be charged $17.95/day.
- Meeting space: Standard Internet access will be available in the meeting rooms. Please use the code kinbre2019. No caps required.
- Meals: The K-INBRE will provide complimentary meals for registered attendees. The menu can be found here.
- Symposium Events: To help you find the Symposium events noted in the program, visit this link to the Overland Park Sheraton floor plan. The hotel map can also be found in the 2019 Program.
- Symposium Early Check-In: Early check-in on Friday, January 18th is from 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm in the Cottonwood Foyer. After 4:30 the K-INBRE staff will be away at a Network Steering Committee meeting and will be unavailable.
- Friday Night Event/Dinner: On Friday evening, you will have a chance to view your iPoster on the large touch screen monitors. An iPoster representative will be available to assist you with any questions. Dinner will be served from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm in the Cottonwood Ballroom and foyer. Representatives from KC RiBS will be hosting some games at ~6 pm for prizes if you wish to participate.
- Oral presentations: Notifications were sent to those selected to present. Thank you to all those who submitted an abstract to be considered for an oral presentation. You can view the schedule here for more details.
- If you registered to present a poster and have not yet received the email with your login credentials, first check your spam folder. If you don’t find it there, please contact the iPoster helpdesk at this address: email@example.com.
- Please publish your iPoster by January 4. You can continue to work on your poster after it has been published. Posters must be finalized by 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, January 19, 2019.
- You can preview the iPoster Gallery here. Once your poster is published, it will appear in the Gallery.
- Poster Session:
- The poster sessions will be held in the Cottonwood Ballroom on Saturday afternoon between 3:30 and 6:30 pm and Sunday morning between 9:40-11:10 am. There will be three poster sessions on Saturday and two on Sunday. Your iPoster monitor will have the same number as your abstract number in the symposium booklet. Stop by the iPoster help desk or the registration desk, if you have questions or need help pulling up your poster.
- Saturday, January 19, 2019
- Poster session I: (3:30-4:30 PM) Abstracts Numbered 1-40
- Poster session II: (4:30-5:30 PM) Abstracts Numbered 41-80
- Poster session III: (5:30-6:30 PM) Abstracts Numbered 81-103
- Sunday, January 20, 2019
- Poster session IV: (9:40-10:25 AM) Abstracts Numbered 104-136
- Poster session V: (10:25-11:10 AM) Abstracts Numbered 137-173
- ABSTRACT# = MONITOR#
- K-INBRE representatives and industry judges selected by BioKansas will visit the monitors during the poster sessions on Saturday. A second set of judges will visit the posters presented on Sunday. Please prepare a 2-minute summary of your research project/poster and include the potential for future applications/commercialization. Awards will be given to the top 10 trainee posters on Saturday. The top posters on Sunday will be recognized before the close of the General session on Sunday afternoon.
- Please be available at your monitor during your assigned poster session to discuss your poster with the judges, as the judges will advance through the posters very quickly.
- You may choose to opt out of presenting the two minute summary to the judges, but you will not be eligible for a poster award.
- You are encouraged to visit your colleagues’ iPosters.
- All trainees selected to give an oral presentation should attend the award presentation at ~11:50 AM on Sunday, January 20, 2019.
- Helpful Tips: For helpful tips on iPoster preparation, oral/poster presentations, and dressing for success, visit the K-INBRE Undergraduate Seminar series webpage to view videos on these and many more subjects.
- University Photos: A photographer will take group photos for each university. To find the scheduled time for your University group photo please visit here.
- All participants are welcome to take a complimentary professional headshot during the poster session on Saturday.
- How should I prepare for my Headshot? Wear a professional outfit that fits well and makes you feel your best. It should be interview appropriate. A solid colored shirt, with a darker jacket is recommended; avoid busy patterns and stripes.
Things to See and Do
Things to do in Overland Park before and after the Symposium events: For your enjoyment, the hotel has an indoor pool, fitness room, and a lounge. Check out this site for other things to see and do while you are in Overland Park/Kansas City
We look forward to seeing you.
If you’re not already connected with INBRE, join us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Best wishes and Happy New Year!
K-INBRE Administrative Office